In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its regulations (“PDPA”), this Notice is issued to all our valued customers and/ or prospective customers. This Notice will inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/ or will be, collected and processed by us.
1. Collection and processing of personal data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/ or on your behalf in the course of your present or future commercial transactions and/or dealings with Homa Sdn. Bhd. (Company No.1221809-K) , its subsidiary(ies), its associated company(ies), its joint venture partners, including of all of its shareholder(s), its director(s), its employee(s), its supplier(s), its merchant(s), its service provider(s), its contractor(s) and/ or its permitted person(s) (“we”, “our”, or “us”). Your personal data allow us to achieve the Purpose in clause 3 herein that are in connection with our business.
2. Description of personal data
The personal data that you will provide may include but not limited to your name, age, identity card number or passport number, address of correspondence, including office address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, contact information, including e-mail address, mobile number, house number, facsimile number, and office number, race, religion, nationality, payment methodology, and bank account details.
The collection and processing of personal data including but not limited to the following purposes:
a. Agreements & Arrangements
• Creation and registration of an account on our website, portal and/or any other channel as we deem fit;
• Entry into necessary agreements, contracts, memorandum, and/or arrangements to purchase the products or services from us or our third party providers, including sale and purchase agreement etc;
• Credit assessments and other background checks as deemed necessary or appropriate by us;
• Verification and to carry out your financial transactions/dealings with us and/or our third party providers in relation to the products and services;
• Collection of outstanding payments from our clients under the agreements;
• Delivery of notice, documents, forms, and other documents under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements;
• Necessary performance of other obligations under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements;
b. Services & Products
• Processing your enquiry, application or registration with us for our services, products and your orders/bookings made with us;
• Process and delivery of our services and products whether present or future. For example, we shall pass your information to our third party service provider in order to provide the services to you (if applicable);
• Client relationship management and administration procedures whichever we deem necessary and fit. For example, to allow us to administer your registered account with us (if any);
• Client profiling activities in connection with our services and products;
• Communication with you and delivery of information by e-mail, telecommunication means, including telephone calls or text messages or social media about products and services offered by Class Of Third Parties under clause 8 herein;
• Such other purposes provided for in our particular services or products offered by us;
c. Internal Record & External (Marketing)
• Marketing of our products/ services to you whether present or future;
• For purposes relating to any of the above, including but not limited to research, marketing survey, benchmarking, trend analysis and statistical analysis;
• Internal record keeping;
d. Legal Compliance
• Prevention, hindrance, reporting of any crime including but not limited to fraud, bribery and money laundering;
• Compliance to any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the provision of our services/ products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any associated, subsidiary, related companies of our group.
The sources that we may obtain your personal data from includes but is not limited to booking forms, registration forms, online forms and information submitted to us during any promotional or marketing activities, programme and/or events; any email or correspondences you sent to us; agreements you have signed, name cards or any identity materials that you have distributed voluntarily; business directory(ies) or listing(s) that you have subscribed to share your information; credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies and any other regulatory entities.
5. Class of Third Parties
Generally, your personal data with us will be kept confidential. Notwithstanding this, we shall be entitled to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
a. our associated, subsidiary, related companies of the Company;
b. our business partners including online business affiliates, retailers, distributors, agents, merchant that provide, supply, distribute or deal in general with our services or products in connection with our business;
c. our auditors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate;
d. our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as we deem necessary or appropriate, including but not limited to our appointed website/system/portal developer/administrator, payment gateway service provider, warehouse service provider and marketing companies or entities as we deem fit;
e. financial institute, credit reporting agencies and other entities of similar function;
f. any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
6. Your Obligations
It is obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. Failing which, we are unable to process your personal data on your behalf and for the Purpose stated in clause 3 herein and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
7. Your Rights
a. Right to request access to personal data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
b. Right to request correction of personal data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by us with reasonable notice. With respect to this, you may:
i. request correction and/ or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date; and
ii. request retention of your personal data only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Purpose stated in clause 3 herein.
c. Rights to limit processing of your personal data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full, your consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
The above is subject to your payment of fee as prescribed under PDPA (whichever is applicable).
7A. Failure or Refusal to Comply with clause 7
We may refuse and/or fail to comply with your request made under clauses 7 (if applicable) and in such event, we will inform you of our refusal or failure with our reason and/or justification in compliance with the PDPA.
8. Contact to make inquiries and complaints regarding personal data
If you intend to exercise your rights in clause 7 or to make inquiries or complaints regarding your personal data, our policies, procedures in relation to processing your personal data, you may contact the relevant department as follows:
Department : Homa2u Support
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Other information
a. We reserve the right to modify and change the Notice at any time. Any changes to this Notice will be published on our website. You are advised to check this Notice each time you access our website so as to be aware of the most recent applicable version of the Notice.
b. To the extent permitted by PDPA and applicable law, your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
c. We may collect and process the personal data relating to other person(s) who may be identified from/provided by you including but not limited to your employee, director, staff, representatives, permitted person from time to time. In relation to this, you represent and warrant that you have procured the consent of such person(s) to the disclosure of such information to us and our treatment of such information as set out in this Notice.